2016 Chicago Inventors Conference
The Chicago iNventors Organization’s (CIO) along with The Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) will host an Inventors Conference titled “Inventors Meet Innovation” on Saturday, October 8, 2016, that will feature outstanding professionals in the fields of internet technology, intellectual property, product development, marketing and finance as they relate to bringing new products to market. As Conference attendees navigate the events of the day, they will experience:
- Dynamic keynote speakers such as Sam’s Club Site Director of Vertical Integration Charis Marqez, Walgreens Director of Supplier Diversity Rona Fourte addressing “How To Do Business With Box Retailers” and Andrea Rose®, an award winning Inventor who revolutionized online shopping with her patented virtual shopping system used by such notable companies as Lands End, Sears and has teamed up with HSN to get inventor products on national television!!!
- A stellar Intellectual Property (IP) panel moderated by Loeb & Loeb’s Partner Adam Kelly addressing the latest issues in the Patent Reform Act and the Internet of Everything’s web of potential legal pitfalls associated with implementing IoT, including technology licensing issues and use of open source software.
- Presentations on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) Business Models/Applications by Accenture’s Global Director of Legal Services Melvin Flowers and UAV Services Lead Paul Barsimian and Newovo Plastics CEO Carl Dumele speaking on 3D Printing – The Future of Manufacturing;
- An Innovators Market providing an opportunity for innovators to establish relationships with buyers seeking unique products for national and new emerging markets and network with patent attorneys, prototype developers, internet technology and marketing consultants who can assist them with navigating the invention process.
- An Inventor Pitch to Investors Contest open to the General Public which will allow the top five (5) product submission finalists to pitch their idea to Angel Investor Judges and a live audience for a chance to win several prizes such as “Mentoring from A Heartland Angels Investor – One of Chicago’s Leading Angel Investor Groups”!
The wealth of information presented at the 2016 Inventors Conference will benefit all inventors and innovators who want to see their product ideas blossom into profitable realities.
For more details please visit www.chicago-inventors.org or call 312-850-4710.